ARSCLIST  March 2006

ARSCLIST March 2006

Did you know ...

Tom Fine <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 23 Mar 2006 21:30:28 -0500

That the plastic-inside-paper LP sleeves used by London/Decca and others in the 1970's and 1980's is
patented? See UK #1072844. Hmm, does that mean that all the generic plastic-in-paper sleeves have to
pay a royalty? I found this out because I noticed a patent number on a London sleeve from 1979 and I
thought it was something to do with their FFRR process. Looked up the number at the UK patent office
and, nope, it's just the inner sleeve.

-- Tom Fine