ARSCLIST  March 2006

ARSCLIST March 2006

Re: scotch 227

David Lennick <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 30 Mar 2006 17:51:49 -0500

One thing I'd add to this (which is interesting..I'd never seen anything
about allowing them to
cool for 12 hours) is that plastic reels manufactured by 3M or Ampex (or
other major
brands) may be safe, but I'd be wary of putting generic reels in for that
long. And we're all
familiar with those 4-spoke or curved window reels many studios bought in
bulk and which
were also used for white-box tape.

dl

Goran Finnberg wrote:

  Steve Smolian:

  > As to your squeal, I suggest baking 1 mil
  > longer than 1.5 mil of the same stock.

  I agree about that.

  For really stubborn cases 24 hours at 130F and then let cool at least
  12 hours or at least overnight.