ARSCLIST  March 2006

ARSCLIST March 2006

Re: The Future of RECORD Collecting - Pressing plants

Roger and Allison Kulp <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 9 Mar 2006 07:44:52 -0800

Google is your friend ! http://www.dynamicsun.com/
  http://www.truetone.com/record_pressing.html
  http://morphius.com/manufacturing/vinyl.cfm
  http://www.recordpressing.com/

Lou Judson <[log in to unmask]> wrote:  Tom - surprised to see you here!

You should send her to Bob Ohllson in Nashville for Lp mastering, and
let her know if is costly.

On the other hand, do you have connections to get vinyl pressings? I'd
like to know if so, offlist of appropriate.

Lou Judson  Intuitive Audio
415-883-2689

On Mar 8, 2006, at 11:13 AM, Tom wrote:

> I was buying something at Radio Shack the other day and the woman
> salesperson noticed my check said Arhoolie Records. She said she was a
> DJ
> and ask if I knew of any LP pressing equipment she could buy.
>
> It seems her fellow DJs wanted to press LPs of music that is only
> available
> on CD so they could scratch it, and what ever, on their turntables. I
> started to explain the whole process of mastering, plating, etc and
> got her
> totally confused.
>
> Tom Diamant

Yahoo! Mail