ARSCLIST  April 2006

ARSCLIST April 2006

Re: New U.S. Copyright Laws

Marcos Sueiro <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 26 Apr 2006 10:23:04 -0400

Very interesting.

In today's fluid world of digital media, sometimes I see two possible
future outcomes: either doing away with copyright altogether, or an
enforcement of intellectual property rights that will amount to a sort of
"copyright police state." Could make a good science-fiction book.

Marcos

--On Tuesday, April 25, 2006 5:27 PM -0400 "Richard L. Hess"
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> It gets worse. Perhaps we'll all just sit around and make our own music
> and ignore all major labels.
>
> I don't think this was mentioned previously on this list.
>
> http://news.com.com/Congress+readies+broad+new+digital+copyright+bill/210
> 0-1028_3-6064016.html
>
> Tape Restoration Seminar:    MAY 9-12, 2006; details at Web site.
> Aurora, Ontario, Canada       (905) 713 6733     1-877-TAPE-FIX

Marcos