EDUCAT Archives

EDUCAT@LISTSERV.LOC.GOV

EDUCAT Home

EDUCAT  April 2006

EDUCAT April 2006

authority control

Colleen Ripp Grosner <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 11 Apr 2006 00:43:29 -0600

   Dr. Maccaferri,
       Thank you for your reply. It does help. I was wondering though. Would I be so far off-based if I changed my authority control to reflect the title page and put a "see also" reference for the other heading; ie. "Applegate, K. A." is the authority but "Applegate, K (Kathryn) A. (Alice)" as a see also reference?
   Colleen
What you learned in library school is correct in principle, but the title
page upon which the authorized heading was based may have shown different
usage from what you see, and/or rules in AACR2r chap. 22 m