ARSCLIST May 2006

Re: lateral cut switch

steven c <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 31 May 2006 22:40:52 -0400

----- Original Message -----
From: "David Lennick" <[log in to unmask]>
> It's easy to insert a phase reversal switch between the tone-arm and the
> pre-amp. I had the engineers at CHFI make me one on the turntable I was
using
> for transferring 78s (never mind how I managed to justify that!) and had
> another engineer at CJRT do one for the Technics (this was portable).
Later
> when I was getting my old Dynaco pre-amp serviced I had the repairman do a
> phase reversal in it..he just used the tape loop switch, which wasn't ever
> used.

Actually, I have (no longer in working order) a "record player" whose
cartridge was, for whatever reason, almost as sensitive to vertical-
cut records as lateral!

Sadly, the cat knocked it over, the tone arm came loose from its
mountings, and I don't know if something was broken or what...
but I;ve never figured out how to reassemble it into working
order...

...stevenc
http://users.interlinks.net/stevenc/
(some days you lose, some days you don't win, and some days they
steal the dommed ball before the game starts...)