Monospaced Font

ARSCLIST  May 2006

ARSCLIST May 2006

List Dinner in Seattle

John Ross <[log in to unmask]>

Mon, 8 May 2006 19:21:23 -0700

It looks like there's enough interest to move ahead with a plan.
However, I made the mistake of suggesting either a Chinese dinner or
something "Northwest style." And of course, both attracted some favor.

So here's what I'm suggesting:
a) On Thursday, the convention schedule shows the afternoon events
ending at 5:00 pm, and an evening "Ask the Technical Committee"
session starting at 7:30. I'm guessing that the Tech Committee
session will run into the evening, so it will be okay to arrive a bit
late. Let's plan to go to the International District (Seattle's
Chinatown, not far from the convention hotel) for dinner around
6:30. Please send me private e-mail ([log in to unmask]) if you
want to join us, and I will make the necessary arrangements.

b) Friday at lunchtime, those who want a more-or-less authentic
Northwest experience can join me as we walk to either Pike Place
Market or the waterfront for lunch. Again, let me know offlist if you
are interested.

There are plenty of other good places to eat here in Seattle. Please
feel free to talk to me (or others on the local committee) for
additional suggestions.

John Ross