ARSCLIST  May 2006

ARSCLIST May 2006

Re: Contact list; was - CBC representative to ARSC-

Robert Hodge <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 23 May 2006 13:41:25 -0400

Hi Nancy,

I was unable to attend, but If I had , I'd have wanted my email address
addded to the attendees list - without question.

Bob Hodge

Robert Hodge,
Senior Engineer
Belfer Audio Archive
Syracuse University
222 Waverly Ave .
Syracuse N.Y. 13244-2010

315-443- 7971
FAX-315-443-4866

>>> [log in to unmask] 5/23/2006 1:22 PM >>>
Hi Dave (and list members),

I was responsible for putting together the workshop registrants list
and I have a question for anyone who cares to comment. I assumed that
people would not wish to have their email addresses included on the list
without giving permission to do so.  Is this generally not the case? Is
it common practice to include email addresses on such lists? Any
comments are welcome for those of us who plan such events. Thanks.

Nancy J. Seeger
Senior Sound Recordings Cataloger
Library of Congress
Motion Picture, Broadcasting and Recorded Sound Divison
Recorded Sound Section
Washington, D.C.  20540-4698
202-707-5494
Fax: 202-707-8464

>>> [log in to unmask] 05/23/06 12:30 PM >>>
I had a great time at the conference as well - lots of great info in
all
the sessions I was at, and as Marie said, the late-nights in the pub
under
the hotel were great fun - both with shop-talk and just getting to know

people...

As for the contact list, I was surprised to see that the page we were
given
at the pre-conference workshop did not include e-mail addresses - just

names and which institution you were from...  Glad I got folks cards
when I
did...

dave nolan
92nd St. Y
nyc

On Tue, 23 May 2006 01:29:58 -0400, Peter Hirsch <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

>I, too, was wishing for a contact list. The Wednesday pre-conference
workshop did have one and I assumed that I just didn't get my list for
the
conference itself through the same snafu that spelled my name "Hirch"
on my
nametag.