MODS Archives

[email protected]

Monospaced Font

MODS Home

MODS  June 2006

MODS June 2006

Re: CQL Bilbiographic Searching Proposal

Bill Landis <[log in to unmask]>

Fri, 16 Jun 2006 09:20:31 -0700

Just wanted to strongly second Bruce's suggestion. As an archivist, I've
always had difficulty with the generally universalizing usage of the
term "bibliographic", the the stakes are even higher, I think, in our
rapidly converging information systems world. The "average person"
perspectives that Bruce highlights in his message are exactly the same
ones that the assessment and UI design teams at CDL raise on a regular
basis when discussions get around to how to display information from
various MODS fields.

Bill

Bill Landis
Metadata Coordinator
California Digital Library
University of California Office of the President
415 20th Street, 4th floor
Oakland, CA 94612-2901
(510) 987-0809