I just came back from the iPRES meeting at Cornell where I heard Bronwyn
Lee talk about the PREMIS Requirements Project of the Australian
Partnership for Sustainable Repositories (APSR). The report is at
http://www.apsr.edu.au/publications/presta.pdf and it is very
interesting. The table of contents is copied below.
(I know Bronwyn is on this list so I hope she'll forgive me for posting
1. Report and recommendations
2. Appendix 1: Preservation metadata elements
3. Appendix 2: List of supported formats
4. Appendix 3: Tools for automated metadata collection
5. Appendix 4: Gap reports for ANU DSpace and UQ Fez/Fedora repositories
6. Appendix 5: Submission models for key digital content categories
7. Appendix 6: Preservation Event use cases and functional requirements
8. Appendix 7: Proposals for enhancements to PREMIS and existing schemas
and protocols that might be used.
9. Appendix 8: Proposed profile for exchanging metadata.
10. Appendix 9: Glossary
11. Appendix 10: Bibliography