ARSCLIST  December 2006

ARSCLIST December 2006

Re: Dictabelts

David Lewis <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 5 Dec 2006 14:35:23 -0500

I was curious at one point to ask if you could play a dictabelt on Kurt's
Archeophone.

David N. Lewis
Assistant Classical Editor, All Music Guide

"Music expresses what one cannot say, but about which one cannot remain
silent." - Victor Hugo

-----Original Message-----
From: Association for Recorded Sound Discussion List
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Craig Breaden
Sent: Tuesday, December 05, 2006 2:16 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [ARSCLIST] Dictabelts

I'm trying to find resources on grooved dictabelt recordings (restoration
and care, playback, etc.).  I'm looking specifically for information on
restoring pliability to grooved dictabelts.

Craig Breaden
Media Assets Archivist
Richard B. Russell Library for Political Research and Studies
Main Library
The University of Georgia
Athens, GA  30602-1641
706-542-5782 (phone)