ARSCLIST  December 2006

ARSCLIST December 2006

Re: The ways CD's and DVD's can fail.

Christie Peterson <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 7 Dec 2006 11:24:10 -0500

Mike Richter wrote:

> Poorly recorded discs are vastly more sensitive to failure over time
> than those recorded with low error rate. In an attempt

Hi, Mike.

What do you consider to be low (or acceptable) C1 and C2 error rates?
I've been running CDSpeed on my discs, which appears to give a quality
score of "0" if there are any C2 errors at all.

Others, please feel free to chime in as well.

Warmly,

Christie Peterson
Project Archivist, Muskie Archives & Special Collections
Bates College
70 Campus Avenue
Lewiston, ME 04240-6018
 (t) 207-753-6918