New Years greetings to the METS community.
On behalf of the METS Editorial Board, I would like to remind you about the
METS Implementation Registry available at
http://sunsite.berkeley.edu/mets/registry/ . Information about how and where
METS is being used is very useful to the Board in determining future
directions for METS; and hopefully it is also a useful resource for those
using METS or thinking about using METS. If your institution has a METS
implementation completed, in progress, or planned, please submit the following
information either to the METS list or to me personally so that I can add your
implementation to the registry:
1) A short description of the METS application
2) Projected dates of implementation (if not yet in production).
3) URL to any publicly available production or demonstration implementations
4) METS Profile information including: a) Status of METS profiles b)
Registered profile names (if any) and c) links to documentation about profiles
and any unregistered profiles in progress.
5) METS extension schemas being used for descriptive and administrative
6) URL to any available documentation or specifications for the
7) An indication of whether any METS tools developed as part of the
implementations are available to other METS implementors; and if so, under
what terms (freeware, licensed software, etc.)
8) Contact name and email address.
The METS Registry entry for the University of California Berkeley Archival
Collections is complete and can be used for reference in preparing information
While I send this reminder out just twice a year (January and July), updates
to the registry are welcome at any time. I would also welcome suggestions as
to how to make the registry more useful and more comprehensive.
Software Engineer, Research & Development
Library Systems Office
University of California, Berkeley
88 Herrada Rd
Santa Fe, NM 87508
This mail sent through IMP: http://horde.org/imp/