Help for METS Archives

METS Archives

METS@LISTSERV.LOC.GOV

METS Home

METS  February 2007

METS February 2007

Re: LC METS Profile for Historical Newspapers [Draft] structMap question

Bronwyn Lee <[log in to unmask]>

Metadata Encoding and Transmission Standard <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 6 Feb 2007 09:27:40 +1100

Hi Morgan

Yes it is clear, thanks for explaining. I agree that ID/REFs, filenames
etc shouldn't carry any semantic meaning. An alternative to using child
divs in structMap to indicate the form of digitized content, might be to
use the fileGrp USE attribute in fileSec since the files are grouped
that way anyway and fptr points to them. But I haven't really thought
this through or discussed it with the rest of the team yet; I'm still
gathering information.

Bronwyn Lee
Business Analyst, Newspaper Digitisation Project
National Library of Australia