ARSCLIST April 2007

Interesting Conference Travel Option...

"Richard L. Hess" <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 4 Apr 2007 15:08:44 -0400

Hi, All,

While I am excited about seeing you all on Friday at the ARSC
conference, I have been less than enthralled by the options in
getting to Milwaukee from the Greater Toronto Area.

While I could fly, my last flight was July 2004 and I would like to
keep it that way <smile>. I looked into the train, but apparently the
through train from Toronto to Chicago has been cancelled.

BUT http://www.lake-express.com/ offers a 1.5 hour ferry ride from
Muskegon, MI to Milwaukee. Parking is $4 per night in Muskegon and
$20 per night at the Hilton. The taxi ride is under $20 (The
concierge at the Hilton said "$12-15") from the ferry terminal to the Hilton.

So for those of you coming from the east and southeast and are
DREADING the I80/90 headaches (which seem to be permanent) around
Gary, IN, and are less than excited about I-90/94 through Chicago,
you might want to consider this option.

For me, coming from Toronto, it's perfect, as I cross from Sarnia
into Port Huron and avoid the Detroit area completely.

So, anyway, it sounds like it will be fun. While not cheap, my nerves
don't need another trip through Gary during rush hour (I did it on
the way to AES in October).

Cheers,

Richard

Richard L. Hess email: [log in to unmask]