ARSCLIST April 2007

14" reels/boxes

Marcos Sueiro <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 5 Apr 2007 10:41:04 -0400

Greetings,

We just got back a bunch of 14" pancake tapes housed in horrible boxes.
I have been looking everywhere on the web for decent containers for
these (at least boxes with hubs), to no avail; the only thing I can find
is plastic (vented) boxes for 2000' of 16mm film, which are of a similar
diameter, but I am very wary of storing pancakes in boxes that are twice
their width. One solution would be to find 14" reels and then storing
those in the film boxes, but I cannot find 14" reels either.

I was wondering if anyone else has run into a similar problem recently,
and, if so, how they solved it. Or, if anyone knows of a supplier of
such items.

Thanks!

Marcos