ARSCLIST  May 2007

ARSCLIST May 2007

Re: Record Business vs. Music Business: The Shakeout Continues.

D P Ingram <[log in to unmask]>

Sun, 20 May 2007 15:59:32 +0300

On 17 maj 2007, at 15.41, Karl Miller wrote:

> Let me know how much money you would need to start up such a
> service. Assuming such a site would be subject to the European
> copyrights, I have plenty of broadcast material, still covered by
> US copyrights, that I would be happy to make available at no charge.

Hi... seems that (according to some off list) mail Finland might be
tightening up its rules as well as the EU at large. I think the whole
legal side needs to be examined as obviously the broader audience as
possible amongst collectors who can contribute material is desirable,
but if one takes a risk just because a U.S. user can get the material
and thus bring the house of cards down if someone wanted to prove a
point.    Are the laws any clearer in Canada :)

Darren

---
Darren Ingram (darren at ingram.fi / www.ingram.fi)
Provider of many things including research, media, innovation and
consultancy services.

"Insert pointless, humo(u)rless quotation and ASCII art here"
"Insert lengthy, boring and meaningless corporate and copyright
disclaimer here"