ARSCLIST May 2007

Re: Cedar

D P Ingram <[log in to unmask]>

Fri, 25 May 2007 11:47:37 +0300

On 22 maj 2007, at 13.44, Don Cox wrote:
>> Cedar processed a couple of samples for me as a demo (I took some
>> records off the shelf at random so not to influence the condition)
>> and to be honest I didn't notice a dramatic change or improvement.
>
> That's probably how it should be.
>
> It is too easy to scrub off all the ambience and half of the higher
> frequencies when removing surface noise.>

I agree. But it didn't take away much of the "crap" either :) I.e.
the desired removal !

---
Darren Ingram (darren at ingram.fi / www.ingram.fi)
Provider of many things including research, media, innovation and
consultancy services.

"Insert pointless, humo(u)rless quotation and ASCII art here"
"Insert lengthy, boring and meaningless corporate and copyright
disclaimer here"