ARSCLIST  July 2007

ARSCLIST July 2007

Re: Terrestrial Radio and Performer Royalties: NAB vs RIAA

Sam Brylawski <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 31 Jul 2007 15:35:53 -0400

The header summarizes it pretty well. To date, recordings are exempt
from performing rights. I.e., composers get money for radio play,
record companies do not, for analog b'casts. There' s a big push to
change that, including congressional hearings today.

Sam