ARSCLIST  July 2007

ARSCLIST July 2007

Re: Playing a "flexi disc"

Adrian Cosentini <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 17 Jul 2007 20:09:26 -0400

These are nothing like EvaTone Sound Sheets (or discs). It's a whole
other headache. Yeah and good luck tracking even with a micro groove
styli. I collected a bunch of styli just to deal with these mess'. Oh
yeah and there's the tracking and the pitch angle to deal with and
then.... it goes on and on. Not for the faint of heart if you want to get
the max S/N and dynamic range. But that's a whole other story.

Adrian
NY Philharmonic