ISOJAC Archives

ISOJAC@LISTSERV.LOC.GOV

Monospaced Font

ISOJAC Home

ISOJAC  August 2007

ISOJAC August 2007

Re: First round of changes for ISO 639-3 review period over: the easy ones

Milicent K Wewerka <[log in to unmask]>

Mon, 13 Aug 2007 07:34:35 -0400

The alternative name for Interlingue seems to be Occidental so there
should be no problem with a relationship to Occitan/Provencal.

Milicent Wewerka

>>> Håvard Hjulstad <[log in to unmask]> 08/11/07 8:38 PM >>>
I guess we should have a formal ballot. But then we need to know what
to ballot:

bej :
currently in ISO 639-2:
English name: Beja
French name: bedja
The new English forms will be Bedawiyet; Beja
What will be the French forms?

ile / ie :
currently in ISO 639-1 and 639-2:
English name: Interlingue
French name: interlingue
New English forms: Interlingue; Occitan
New French forms?
And how do we indicate the reationship (or lack thereof) with oci / oc
("Occitan (post 1500); Provençal")?

Regards,
Håvard

Håvard Hjulstad