Help for MODS Archives

MODS Archives

MODS@LISTSERV.LOC.GOV

MODS Home

MODS  October 2007

MODS October 2007

Re: Pointing to files with different access conditions from a record

Jon Stroop <[log in to unmask]>

Fri, 19 Oct 2007 12:25:53 -0400

Jorgen,

Could you do something with @xlink on mods:accessCondition? i.e.:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<mods:mods xmlns:mods="http://www.loc.gov/mods/v3"
  xsi:schemaLocation="http://www.loc.gov/mods/v3 http://www.loc.gov/standards/mods//v3/mods-3-3-draft-for-final-review-august-21.xsd"

  <mods:accessCondition type="restrictionOnAccess" xlink:type="simple" xlink:href="http://file1" />
  <mods:accessCondition type="restrictionOnAccess" xlink:type="simple" xlink:href="http://file2" />

</mods:mods>

You might want to check out the xlink spec[1] for the most appropriate
way to implement this.

-Jon

1. http://www.w3.org/TR/xlink/