PCCLIST October 2007

Re: 006 and e-continuing resources

"Adam L. Schiff" <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 11 Oct 2007 10:55:38 -0800

TEXT/PLAIN

One question that hasn't yet been considered: could some of the icons and
limits used in WorldCat and WorldCat Local be derived from data in the
006?  The 006 might not affect retrieval or identification of resources in
Connexion, but I wonder if it is used in any way to order or display
results or provide limits in WorldCat?  WorldCat displays a variety of
icons for different types of resources, and provides a number of facets
with which to limit searches.  I wonder if any of these are currently
driven by the 006 or if OCLC developers have plans to do more in the
future with this data.

Adam

Adam L. Schiff
Principal Cataloger