ARSCLIST  January 2008

ARSCLIST January 2008

Re: vinyl 78's

MATSUBAYASHI 'Shaolin' Kohji <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 9 Jan 2008 11:21:31 +0900

At Tue, 8 Jan 2008 15:49:56 -0800,
Roger and Allison Kulp wrote:

> If you're reading this,could you give me some information on when
> the last pop music titles were pressed on 78 rpm in Japan ?
>
>                                               Thanks,
>
>                                                 Roger

I don't know which 78rpm was the very last one in Japan,
but as far as I know, all Japanese companies stopped selling
78rpms in the year 1963.

Here is a reference I looked up, a webpage from RIAJ
(Recording Industry Association of Japan), all in Japanese though...

  http://riaj.com/chronicle/1900/1960.html

Hope this helps, Kohji

--
 MATSUBAYASHI, 'Shaolin' Kohji                  [log in to unmask]
                                                 http://microgroove.jp/

 GPG Fingerprint: 981C 4171 3044 DC45 6024  EA00 A413 F44D 8FB7 5B97