ARSCLIST  January 2008

ARSCLIST January 2008

Re: The "dumbing down" of Downloaded Recordings

Clark Johnsen <[log in to unmask]>

Fri, 25 Jan 2008 18:20:03 -0800

On Jan 25, 2008 2:59 PM, Roger and Allison Kulp <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

> Actually there are some early (Pre-1955) Lp transfers that sound better
> than the 78s.Especially the EMIs,and American Columbias.

Uh... how can they sound better? Or do I miss your point?

Oh, one thing -- Columbia 78s after some point were themselves all dubs.
But, before that? Those great Vivatonals...

clark