Help for ISOJAC Archives

ISOJAC Archives

ISOJAC@LISTSERV.LOC.GOV

ISOJAC Home

ISOJAC  January 2008

ISOJAC January 2008

Re: decision required: "other" collections

Milicent K Wewerka <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 9 Jan 2008 07:43:17 -0500

Perhaps the items with "+" for other changes should be balloted
separately with an indication of the nature of the additional changes.

Milicent Wewerka, Library of Congress

>>> Håvard  Hjulstad <[log in to unmask]> 01/09/08 5:34 AM >>>

I agree with Peter's general statement below (and would have expressed
that if I had a vote ...  :)

Formalities: Do we need a formal ballot? Do we need to split the ballot
somehow into individual items?

The following table, which is a combination of table A.1 and table 3
from FDIS 639-5 should include all items in question. Items from table
A.1 (in green, if the colour coding goes through the email distribution
list) should be identical with the current status of 639-2. Items from
table 3 of 639-5 (in red) would be the suggested form also for Part 2.
In the last column I have indicated the changes: "L" = change "(Other)"
to "languages" in English, and delete the word "autres" in French; "+" =
other changes in Part 2; "-" = no changes needed in Part 2.

Identifier	English name	French name	Table	Change
afa	Afro-Asiatic (Other)	afro-asiatiques, autres
langues	A.1
afa	Afro-Asiatic languages	afro-asiatiques,
langues	3	L
alg	Algonquian languages	algonquines,
langues	A.1
alg	Algonquian languages	algonquines,
langues	3	-
apa	Apache languages	apache	A.1
apa	Apache languages	apache, langues	3	+
art	Artificial (Other)	artificielles, autres
langues	A.1
art	Artificial languages	artificielles,
langues	3	L
ath	Athapascan languages	athapascanes,
langues	A.1
ath	Athapascan languages	athapascanes,
langues	3	-
aus	Australian languages	australiennes,
langues	A.1
aus	Australian languages	australiennes,
langues	3	-
bad	Banda languages	banda, langues	A.1
bad	Banda languages	banda, langues	3	-
bai	Bamileke languages	bamilékés,
langues	A.1
bai	Bamileke languages	bamiléké,
langues	3	-
bat	Baltic (Other)	baltiques, autres
langues	A.1
bat	Baltic languages	baltiques,
langues	3	L
ber	Berber (Other)	berbères, autres
langues	A.1
ber	Berber languages	berbères,
langues	3	L
bnt	Bantu (Other)	bantoues, autres
langues	A.1
bnt	Bantu languages	bantoues, langues	3	L
btk	Batak languages	batak, langues	A.1
btk	Batak languages	batak, langues	3	-
cai	Central American Indian (Other)	indiennes d'Amérique centrale,
autres langues	A.1
cai	Central American Indian languages	indiennes d'Amérique
centrale, langues	3	L
car	Carib	caribe	A.1
car	Carib languages	caribes, langues	3	+
cau	Caucasian (Other)	caucasiennes, autres
langues	A.1
cau	Caucasian languages	caucasiennes,
langues	3	L
cel	Celtic (Other)	celtiques, autres
langues	A.1
cel	Celtic languages	celtiques,
langues	3	L
cmc	Chamic languages	chames, langues	A.1
cmc	Chamic languages	chames, langues	3	-
cpe	Creoles and pidgins, English-based (Other)	créoles et
pidgins anglais, autres	A.1
cpe	Creoles and pidgins, English-based	créoles et pidgins
anglais	3	+
cpf	Creoles and pidgins, French-based (Other)	créoles et
pidgins français, autres	A.1
cpf	Creoles and pidgins, French-based	créoles et pidgins
français	3	+
cpp	Creoles and pidgins, Portuguese-based (Other)	créoles et
pidgins portugais, autres	A.1
cpp	Creoles and pidgins, Portuguese-based	créoles et pidgins
portugais	3	+
crp	Creoles and pidgins (Other)	créoles et pidgins
divers	A.1
crp	Creoles and pidgins	créoles et
pidgins	3	+
cus	Cushitic (Other)	couchitiques, autres
langues	A.1
cus	Cushitic languages	couchitiques,
langues	3	L
dra	Dravidian (Other)	dravidiennes, autres
langues	A.1
dra	Dravidian languages	dravidiennes,
langues	3	L
fiu	Finno-Ugrian (Other)	finno-ougriennes, autres
langues	A.1
fiu	Finno-Ugrian languages	finno-ougriennes,
langues	3	L
gem	Germanic (Other)	germaniques, autres
langues	A.1
gem	Germanic languages	germaniques,
langues	3	L
ijo	Ijo languages	ijo, langues	A.1
ijo	Ijo languages	ijo, langues	3	-
inc	Indic (Other)	indo-aryennes, autres
langues	A.1
inc	Indic languages	indo-aryennes, langues	3	L
ine	Indo-European (Other)	indo-européennes, autres
langues	A.1
ine	Indo-European languages	indo-européennes,
langues	3	L
ira	Iranian (Other)	iraniennes, autres
langues	A.1
ira	Iranian languages	iraniennes,
langues	3	L
iro	Iroquoian languages	iroquoises, langues
(famille)	A.1
iro	Iroquoian languages	iroquoises,
langues	3	+
kar	Karen languages	karen, langues	A.1
kar	Karen languages	karen, langues	3	-
khi	Khoisan (Other)	khoisan, autres langues	A.1
khi	Khoisan languages	khoïsan,
langues	3	L
kro	Kru languages	krou, langues	A.1
kro	Kru languages	krou, langues	3	-
map	Austronesian (Other)	malayo-polynésiennes, autres
langues	A.1
map	Austronesian languages	austronésiennes,
langues	3	L +
mkh	Mon-Khmer (Other)	môn-khmer, autres
langues	A.1
mkh	Mon-Khmer languages	môn-khmer,
langues	3	L
mno	Manobo languages	manobo, langues	A.1
mno	Manobo languages	manobo, langues	3	-
mun	Munda languages	mounda, langues	A.1
mun	Munda languages	mounda, langues	3	-
myn	Mayan languages	maya, langues	A.1
myn	Mayan languages	mayas, langues	3	+
nah	Nahuatl languages	nahuatl,
langues	A.1
nah	Nahuatl languages	nahuatl,
langues	3	-
nai	North American Indian (Other)	indiennes d'Amérique du Nord,
autres langues	A.1
nai	North American Indian languages	indiennes d'Amérique du Nord,
langues	3	+
nic	Niger-Kordofanian (Other)	nigéro-congolaises, autres
langues	A.1
nic	Niger-Kordofanian languages	nigéro-kordofaniennes,
langues	3	L
nub	Nubian languages	nubiennes,
langues	A.1
nub	Nubian languages	nubiennes,
langues	3	-
oto	Otomian languages	otomangue,
langues	A.1
oto	Otomian languages	otomi, langues	3	+
paa	Papuan (Other)	papoues, autres langues	A.1
paa	Papuan languages	papoues,
langues	3	L
phi	Philippine (Other)	philippines, autres
langues	A.1
phi	Philippine languages	philippines,
langues	3	L
pra	Prakrit languages	prâkrit	A.1
pra	Prakrit languages	prâkrits,
langues	3	+
roa	Romance (Other)	romanes, autres langues	A.1
roa	Romance languages	romanes,
langues	3	L
sai	South American Indian (Other)	indiennes d'Amérique du Sud,
autres langues	A.1
sai	South American Indian languages	indiennes d'Amérique du Sud,
langues	3	L
sal	Salishan languages	salish, langues	A.1
sal	Salishan languages	salish, langues	3	-
sem	Semitic (Other)	sémitiques, autres
langues	A.1
sem	Semitic languages	sémitiques,
langues	3	L
sgn	sign languages	langues des signes	A.1
sgn	sign languages	langues des signes	3	-
sio	Siouan languages	sioux, langues	A.1
sio	Siouan languages	sioux, langues	3	-
sit	Sino-Tibetan (Other)	sino-tibétaines, autres
langues	A.1
sit	Sino-Tibetan languages	sino-tibétaines,
langues	3	L
sla	Slavic (Other)	slaves, autres langues	A.1
sla	Slavic languages	slaves, langues	3	L
smi	Sami languages (Other)	sami, autres
langues	A.1
smi	Sami languages	sames, langues	3	(L)
son	Songhai languages	songhai,
langues	A.1
son	Songhai languages	songhai,
langues	3	-
ssa	Nilo-Saharan (Other)	nilo-sahariennes, autres
langues	A.1
ssa	Nilo-Saharan languages	nilo-sahariennes,
langues	3	L
tai	Tai (Other)	thaïes, autres langues	A.1
tai	Tai languages	tai, langues	3	L
tup	Tupi languages	tupi, langues	A.1
tup	Tupi languages	tupi, langues	3	-
tut	Altaic (Other)	altaïques, autres
langues	A.1
tut	Altaic languages	altaïques,
langues	3	L
wak	Wakashan languages	wakashennes,
langues	A.1
wak	Wakashan languages	wakash, langues	3	+
wen	Sorbian languages	sorabes,
langues	A.1
wen	Sorbian languages	sorabes,
langues	3	-