BIBCO Archives

BIBCO@LISTSERV.LOC.GOV

BIBCO Home

BIBCO  March 2008

BIBCO March 2008

BIBCO OpCo approaching, May 1-2

Carolyn Ruth Sturtevant <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 11 Mar 2008 13:57:15 -0400

To BIBCO libraries,

The annual meeting of the BIBCO and CONSER Operations Committees will be held May 1-2 at the Library of Congress, James Madison Building, Washington, DC.  BIBCO participants typically are busy all day Thursday, and only the morning on Friday.  The meetings are open to any BIBCO institution wishing to send a delegate.  The Governance Document of the PCC calls for 10 official BIBCO representatives on the Operations Committee.  The BIBCO OpCo page is under revision to show the current representatives.

Les Hawkins, CONSER Coordinator, and I will be drafting the agenda for the joint and separate sessions.  The discussions are likely to include the hot topics of our times, including, but not limited to:
PCC options for series in CONSER and BIBCO records
Integrating Resources
Selected items from the LCWG on the Future of Bibliographic Control

We welcome your thoughts on any topics you'd like to include in these meetings.  Please send your suggestions as soon as possible.

We've been unable to reserve a block of rooms for these meetings, so you'll need to make your reservations for hotel, B&B, etc.  As in the past, OCLC will be supporting travel and/or lodging costs for the 10 official BIBCO representatives up to the maximum of $400.  The reps pay their expenses and receive voucher forms at our OpCo meeting to return to OCLC.

You'll see some major changes in DC south of the Library of Congress in the Navy Yard area, due to the Nationals' new baseball stadium.  There will be a home series with Pittsburgh May 1-4, so it will create activity that will be new to all of us.  Here's a site I found with info that tells what's here and what's coming:
http://www.jdland.com/dc/

The Capitol Hill Suites adjacent to the Madison Bldg. is undergoing the long-promised renovation.  The nearer of the two buildings is a construction site, and I see new windows with the stickers still intact.

It could be a good idea to find a place near a Metro stop on the Orange or Blue line, even in Virginia.

We'll provide more specifics on the meeting agenda and room locations by mid or late April.  We look forward to seeing you.

Carolyn Sturtevant
BIBCO Coordinator
Library of Congress
202-707-4551