Help for PCCLIST Archives

PCCLIST Archives

PCCLIST@LISTSERV.LOC.GOV

PCCLIST Home

PCCLIST  July 2008

PCCLIST July 2008

Re: Non-Latin script references PowerPoint training - f ollowup

Mary Mastraccio <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 16 Jul 2008 16:39:05 -0500

> Adam L. Schiff wrote:
...Also, please note that the OCLC Connexion
> > examples I showed are marked up examples - you won't actually find
> > them in OCLC this way.  I haven't seen any actual pre-populated
> > records in OCLC yet, but Robert Bremer stated at ALA that
> they would
> > start this process this week.

There were 28 name authority records with non-Latin script in LC's
distribution file yesterday. If you cannot see them in OCLC yet, you
certainly should see them soon. Of course they may be there but not
"discovered" yet.

Mary L. Mastraccio
Cataloging & Authorities Librarian
MARCIVE, Inc.