ARSCLIST  August 2008

ARSCLIST August 2008

Two dumb questions about ARSClist mail

David Lennick <[log in to unmask]>

Fri, 15 Aug 2008 23:34:32 -0400

1. Why is there a delay of up to 8 hours on seeing messages I (and a few other
people) send to this list early in the day? Messages sent from late afternoon
into the evening appear within minutes. This has been noticed for a few weeks now.

2. Why, when I reply to some messages, does the reply go only to the sender and
not to the list? What's different about some listmembers' addresses? Nothing I
see in the original message suggests that I have to "reply all" (and then
delete the sender's address). I notice this with Joe Salerno and Roger Kulp.

dl