ARSCLIST  August 2008

ARSCLIST August 2008

ET help!

Sammy Jones <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 20 Aug 2008 00:19:47 -0400

The problem is the stylus jumps several grooves every time it encounters
these (approx.) four cracks.  The cracks extend for about half of the side;
after that, transfer is no problem.

In the past I've used my finger against the head shell to force the stylus
to play through problem grooves, and edited the resulting dub back into a
complete program, but I don't think that will work here.  The gaps are
pretty wide, so the chance of my nudging the stylus into the correct groove
four times every revolution for seven minutes is pretty slim!

Sammy

-----Original Message-----
From: [log in to unmask] [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Tuesday, August 19, 2008 10:26 AM
Subject: Re: ET help!

It sure sounds to me like you are better off attempting a transfer as it
is, and removing the transient noise in post. My concern is how you
clean it without making the situation worse. You might clean the laminte
clear off of the substrate. It is a job that needs to be done very
carefully.

joe salerno