ARSCLIST  August 2008

ARSCLIST August 2008

Re: Recommended cylinder discographies (again)

RUSSELL BARNES <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 6 Aug 2008 08:50:24 +0100

May I suggest you look at www.clpgs.org.uk the site of The City of London Phonograph and Gramophone Society.   They have published a number of useful things.

  Russ Barnes, Dorset, UK

D P Ingram <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
  Hi. I am looking for some recommendations (both online and print) for
cylinder discographies covering the various series. I have checked the
usual sources I have and draw a blank and a general Google has not
been my friend. An example of the cylinder is given just to indicate
an example of the sort I am seeking a discography for.

1. Edison Bell Records (N.P. Records) with text on rim out "outside in
(i.e. not like Blue Amberol's "inside out") i.e. 10187 London Con.
Orch/Love's Last Waltz.

2. Columbia (black wax? looks black more than brown) with word
"Columbia" on rim out "outside in (i.e. not like Blue Amberol's
"inside out") and all other text the other way around, i.e. 32528
Pretty as a butterfly, Orchestra Bells.

3. Edison Gold Moulded Record (2min), i.e. Bell Solo from the Magic
Flute/Benzler nr 9324. This appears to be a different name in series
to 1 above.

I'm sure there will be more by the time my spreadsheet is done !

Cheers, Darren

 D P Ingram  Ab Ingram Oy
 darren at ingram.fi  www.ingram.fi

 +358 6 781 0275 (FIN)  +46 8 5511 4995 (SWE)  +44 203 014 3839
(UK)
 extn 8001