ARSCLIST  August 2008

ARSCLIST August 2008

Re: Mercury MG10000 series listing or discography

David Lennick <[log in to unmask]>

Sat, 30 Aug 2008 15:24:06 -0400

Michael Biel wrote:

> Why bother re-inventing the wheel?  There IS a discography with a
> numerical listing of this and all other Mercury series.  Ruppli amd
> Novitsky's "The Mercury Labels."  This 10000 series is on pages 494 thru
> 499 of Volume 5 and the 10-inch 15000 series is on pages 482-3.  I'm
> surprised that Tom, of all people, doesn't apparently have this
> discography set!  Actually, I only have volume 4 and 5 which popped up
> astonishingly cheap as new loose volumes on a book site last year.   Vol
> 4 includes the 69-91 era and ALL the classical recordings back to the
> beginning.  Vol 5 is the numerical listings and artist index.  So if I
> had to have only two of the five, those were the best to find.  I'll be
> glad to provide Tom with photocopies of these pages, as keyboarding all
> of this on the list would be very time and bandwidth consuming.
>
> Mike Biel  [log in to unmask]

I've never acquired the Mercury books and until 37 seconds ago didn't know
there was a 5th volume! Syracuse has the set (although I'm sure I only ever saw
4 volumes) and when Sue was still in the Belfer building I saved up all my
search questions for when I visited there.

dl