ARSCLIST  August 2008

ARSCLIST August 2008

Re: Blumlein uploaded as FLAC

Aaron Z Snyder <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 7 Aug 2008 10:20:33 -0400

I've had no trouble whatsoever with the flac files as uploaded. Just wanted
to report that so that you don't spend unnecessary time worrying about what
you uploaded, Steve!

BTW, the Beecham excerpt definitely has lots of phase information, even if
the sound has little, if any, directionality. It does have lots of
binaural-ness, even if it gives mostly an echo-y ambience. This, and the
other recorded examples, could have benefited from a lot of hum removal,
plus selected noise removal. I'd like to have seen the visuals in the stereo
film excerpt, since the band very quickly moves from the left side of the
stage to the right side. The dialogue implies something humorous while this
is happening.

Aaron Z