Help for PCCLIST Archives

PCCLIST Archives

PCCLIST@LISTSERV.LOC.GOV

PCCLIST Home

PCCLIST  August 2008

PCCLIST August 2008

Re: privacy of birth dates (was: Consulting the Collective wisdom (Levity))

"Herrold, Charles" <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 6 Aug 2008 16:29:41 -0400

     I strongly disagree with this cautious approach. If the birth date
can be found by any reasonable means, it should be used. Asking
permission of the person every time would add an unacceptable burden on
the cataloger.
Chuck H.