ARSCLIST  September 2008

ARSCLIST September 2008

Re: cassette crackle

Thu, 18 Sep 2008 11:24:24 -0500

It seems to be an artifact of the record or dub process, does it not?
The tape does not display this crackle when it has NOT been recorded, or
to state better, if it has been recorded on one side but not the other,
the crackle is not present on the un-recorded portion.

If the problem was a result of poor storage it would manifest in playing
back both recorded and unrecorded portions of the tape, yes?

joe salerno