EAD October 2008

Re: EAD to HTML, Saxon, and meta tags

Mike Ferrando <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 14 Oct 2008 12:12:42 -0700

Michele,
BTW, Saxon 6.5.5 has passed security review here at Library of Congress and it is on our Approved Software list.

That should be a good endorsement for your IT guys.

I suspect that Saxon 9 may require some namespaces inside the templates for xhtml tags.

-maf

----- Original Message ----
From: Michele R Combs <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Monday, October 13, 2008 3:55:57 PM
Subject: Re: EAD to HTML, Saxon, and meta tags

Very helpful detailed explanation, Mike, thanks.  I will stay far far
away from Saxon 7 :)

My gratitude to Mark, Mike, and others who took the time to post
suggestions and thoughts on this; I have learned quite a lot from the
discussion.  Our IT guys have approved 6.5.5 for us so we'll go with
that and the problem becomes a non-issue.

I am of course still puzzled by why 9.1.0.2 behaves this way and will
continue to tinker with it on my own time.  If anyone has thoughts on
that feel free to send 'em on.

Michele