EDUCAT October 2008

Re: koha users?

Nicole Engard <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 14 Oct 2008 07:57:09 -0500

Hi all,

Actually Koha's staff client is designed for and tested in FF only - the
OPAC is tested in every browser we can get our hands on because we know that
you don't have control over your patrons - but you do have control over your
staff :)  Or in the case of Koha w/ Class - your students.

The new Koha 3.0 is a huge improvement over other versions and we now have a
dedicated staff member to answer Koha w/ Class questions - something we
didn't have in the past.  We also have ME!  I've been a strong proponent of
having a 'real' cataloging tool in classrooms and will do everything I can
to make sure that Koha w/ Class is the best it can be so that future
catalogers can use this great tool!

I missed the very beginning of this dicsussion - but you may be interested
in this most recent news item:
http://liblime.com/news-items/press-releases/liblime-upgrades-koha-with-class-free-hosted-koha-for-library-classrooms-worldwide/

Lastly, I can tell you from a recent student's point of view, the one
complaint we all had in cataloging class was that we were using MS Word to
catalog instead of seeing the tools we might be using once in the library.

Feel free to contact me with any questions you may have.

---

Nicole C. Engard
Open Source Evangelist, LibLime
(888) Koha ILS (564-2457) ext. 714