EDUCAT October 2008

Doctoral Students

Richard Smiraglia <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 23 Oct 2008 10:14:57 -0400

I wasn't following this thread closely until I saw Hope's note yesterday, so I apologize if I miss the point a bit. We have about 60 students in our Ph.D. in Information Studies program. I wouldn't say that any of them are "doctoral students in cataloging," although certainly we would welcome that. I have two graduates who are teaching basic courses in library schools, and a candidate who teaches our basic course for us. I have 7 students writing dissertations at the moment, all of them squarely in knowledge organi