Help for METS Archives

METS Archives

METS@LISTSERV.LOC.GOV

METS Home

METS  October 2008

METS October 2008

Re: issues with mets profile: mulitlingual profile, and insertion of a mets file.

"Ray Denenberg, Library of Congress" <[log in to unmask]>

Metadata Encoding and Transmission Standard <[log in to unmask]>

Fri, 17 Oct 2008 14:33:13 -0400

With regard to the second of the two problems, I can't understand it.

Jerome said he could solve the problem by adding   'processContents="lax" '
as in
<xs:any ..... processContent='lax'>

Which means that if the schema location is supplied in the instance then the
extension will be validated, and if not supplied it will simply be assumed
valid.  But in the examples, the schema location is always supplied, so the
extension will be validated against it.   The default value of
processContent is 'strict' (meaning you always have to supply schema
location and it will always be validated). So adding  'processContents="lax"
', when the schema location is supplied, should have no effect whatsoever.
Anyone understand what I might be missing?

--Ray