Help for EAD Archives

EAD Archives

EAD@LISTSERV.LOC.GOV

EAD Home

EAD  November 2008

EAD November 2008

E-Forum on Collecting Free Web Resources: Selection, Archiving, Metadata Access

Melanie Wacker <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 12 Nov 2008 16:14:51 -0500

I'd like to invite you to participate in an ALCTS e-forum hosted by
Columbia University Libraries Nov. 18-20 on Collecting Free Web
Resources: Selection, Archiving, Metadata Access. We hope to learn from
our colleagues about web archiving and explore e-forums as a way to
focus on a topic of current interest. Our hope is that this will be like
a good listserv or blog without the time commitment or off topic postings.
You do not have to be an ALA/ALCTS member in order to "drop in" and
listen or better still participate. You do not need any special
equipment--participants type rather than talk. We would love to hear and
learn from our colleagues from metadata communities other than the
traditional cataloging community.

Inst