Help for EAD Archives

EAD Archives

EAD@LISTSERV.LOC.GOV

EAD Home

EAD  November 2008

EAD November 2008

Triggering horizontal lines in finding aid display

"Riley, Jenn" <[log in to unmask]>

Mon, 17 Nov 2008 16:52:12 -0500

Hello all,

For some of our more complex finding aids we're discovering that vertical space and indenting some of the description isn't enough to make it obvious where the descripton of one component ends and the next begins. One option we're considering for improving this is rendering an <hr> (or something similar) between <c0x> at the same level. But *only* in certain cases! We definitely don't want, say, horizontal lines between every <c02> in every finding aid on our entire site. What we want is *something* in the encoding to trigger a line appearing above (or below, we haven't worked that out yet) the text of a component.

I'm trying