Please join us at the FEDLINK offices for a presentation of RefTracker
and a discussion of request management needs for federal libraries.
Event: Altarama’s RefTracker – request management software
Date: February 5th, 2009
Time: 10 – 11:30 a.m. OR 1:30 – 3:00 p.m.
Location: Library of Congress, Adams Bldg., 2nd and Independence
FLICC / FEDLINK Training Room, 2nd Floor, RM 216
Presenters: Linda Arret and Chris Kirby, Altarama
Light refreshments will be offered
The demonstration is free but we request that you register with FEDLINK
if you plan to attend.
Please email Holly Kerwin at [log in to unmask] with your name,
organization/library name and which session you would like to attend.
Confirmations will be sent before the presentation.
Feel free to forward this message to colleagues who have an interest in
request tracking services.
The Altarama RefTracker Request Management System for Libraries has been
purpose built to improve service and efficiency for libraries handling
Key features and benefits:
• a single interface that links all the different ways you receive
and deliver reference services
• a comprehensive ask-a-librarian interface for clients who access
your library via your web pages
• acceptance of all types of requests e.g. reference, local
history, new book, ILL and suggestions
• service options include remote hosting by Altarama or local
hosting by the licensed institution
• response process efficiencies through tools, text and workflows
specific to the library
• controls to avoid the duplication of research work
• system management to ensure timely responses
• intelligent allocation of questions to staff
• a knowledge database of reusable answers and their search
strategies, locally developed and controlled
• rich statistics
RefTracker continually leads the way in provision of access to new and
exciting information and tools available on the Internet and the
efficiencies that can be gained by integrating them into an environment
specifically designed for the reference function of libraries.