ARSCLIST February 2009

Re: Sticky Emtec SM911 ??

"Scott D. Smith" <[log in to unmask]>

Mon, 2 Feb 2009 11:45:19 -0600

Richard,

I did run across a couple or reels of SM911 in August of last year
that exhibited some shedding problems, but no binder hydrolysis. I
have no idea as to what the date of manufacture was, though, or what
the storage conditions were.

Although the tape may have been manufactured in 2003, I wonder how
long the raw stock was around?

(BTW-I have encountered some problems with MRL tapes recorded on other
stock as well, some at our specific request. However, I need to point
out that none of this is the fault of MRL, who have always strived for
the absolute best of standards.)

Scott D. Smith
Chicago Audio Works, Inc.