ARSCLIST  March 2009

ARSCLIST March 2009

Re: Looking for vintage open reel tape machine

Robert Cham <[log in to unmask]>

Sun, 8 Mar 2009 20:37:19 -0500

I have a 351 that was mechanically restored and then put into storage
about twenty years ago.  After that time the brake bands will need to
be loosened up, but that's about it.  I even had the capstain
sandblasted to renew traction.  It has 1/2 track heads.

There are electronics that go with it, but the electrolytic
capacitors at the very least would need to be replaced in the
electronics.  I have most of the parts to construct replacement
electronics with API op amps if your interested in that. That had
been my intention, but life intrudes.

Let me know what it would be worth to you off list.

Bob Cham