Help for METS Archives

METS Archives

METS@LISTSERV.LOC.GOV

METS Home

METS  April 2009

METS April 2009

Re: Fwd: Rejected posting to [log in to unmask] (mptr to higher-level object)

Glenn Gardner <[log in to unmask]>

Metadata Encoding and Transmission Standard <[log in to unmask]>

Mon, 6 Apr 2009 13:09:30 -0400

To all:

We've found the "error" message to be a glitch that happens from time
to time, but there IS a way to verify that your email was posted to the
METS Listserv:

Go to:

http://listserv.loc.gov/cgi-bin/wa?SUBED1=mets&A=1

From there, you can enter your email address that you use for the METS
Listserv and change your Listserv configuration settings.

To get a confirmation email for your Listserv postings, check off the
"Short message confirming receipt" radio button.  To get sent a copy of
your original Listserv posting, check off the "Receive copy of own
postings" radio button.  Click on the Update Options button and you
should now be able to get confirmation when you post a message to the
listserv (even if you do get one of those error messages.)

Hopefully this will help!

Best,

Glenn

Glenn Gardner
Network Development & MARC Standards Office
Library of Congress
Washington, D.C.  USA  20540-4402
Ph: +1 (202) 707-7414             Internal: LS/TECH/NDMSO (4402)
[disclaimer: the content of this email does not necessarily reflect the
policies of the Library of Congress]

>>> Brian Tingle <[log in to unmask]> 4/6/2009 12:45 PM >>>
The METS list has "rejected" everything I've ever set to it, yet my
postings make it to the list.  I've learned to view the message as an
ironic acknowledgment.