EDUCAT Archives

EDUCAT@LISTSERV.LOC.GOV

Monospaced Font

EDUCAT Home

EDUCAT  May 2009

EDUCAT May 2009

advice for a new person to fully online teaching introduction to cataloging and classification

"Frances, Melodie" <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 6 May 2009 14:36:21 -0700

Well the time has come and my institution is now requiring me to teach
the intro class ALL online - I've been teaching live for 10 years and
taught one hybrid class, but this will be the first time I teach all
online - I am mostly concerned about teaching AACR2 online as this is
one of the harder things for students to get used to. I'm going to start
with annotating some of aacr2 in pdf which I think will help, but I'm
still a little floundering ...

SO - any advice, help, handouts that anyone is willing to share would be
greatly appreciated (and cited of course)!

Thanks much!

Melodie

Melodie Morgan Frances

Head of Cataloging