EDUCAT Archives

EDUCAT@LISTSERV.LOC.GOV

EDUCAT Home

EDUCAT  May 2009

EDUCAT May 2009

Re: Textbooks and Course Papers

"Albee, Barbara Louise" <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 20 May 2009 15:00:03 -0400

I introduce my advanced cataloging students to Catalogers' Desktop online with access to AACR2. It has been very successful because it gives us access to so many other tools we are using in the advanced class such as the CONSER Cataloging Manual, etc. And if they no longer have their AACR2s or they are not up to date (which is rare) they do not have to purchase again. Students are not overwhelmed but I have had comments that if I would have introduced them to the online version in basic cataloging they would have been overwhelmed. Students like the immediate links to MARC and LCRI.

Barbara Albee, MLS
Lecturer
School of Library and Information Science - IUPUI
755 W. Michigan St., UL 3115K
Indianapolis, IN  46202-5195
Phone: 317-278-2401