Help for EDUCAT Archives

EDUCAT Archives

EDUCAT@LISTSERV.LOC.GOV

EDUCAT Home

EDUCAT  June 2009

EDUCAT June 2009

Re: RDA Implementation Task Force preconference and program at ALA 2009, Chicago

Karen Weaver <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 16 Jun 2009 15:52:34 -0400

Kudos to those but in terms of attendees, or would be attendees, it is an
expense unless you are a full time student or can have your institution
reimburse fees, on top of ALA registration costs and travel expenses.   Do
they try to obtain any sponsorship for such events to keep fees down for
people ?  A ticket to the Scholarship Bash is only $40...

I'm attending ALA this year, out of pocket but while its great to see a
decent student rate, for an average librarian, even with some reimbursement
from their library, on top of other conference events some of these are
quite high end.

Cheers, Karen Weaver