MODS July 2009

Re: Conference in MODS

Joseph Greene <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 2 Jul 2009 13:18:17 +0100

Hello Imma,

The EU Nereus Economists Online project makes use of MODS to encode
conference papers, examples can be found here:

http://dipot.ulb.ac.be:8080/dspace-oai/request?verb=ListRecords&metadataPref
ix=didl

Search for 'conferencePaper'. Data about the conference proceedings in this
case are recorded in 'relatedItem' but I don't see why information about the
conference itself couldn't go there.

Kind regards,

Joseph Greene
Institutional Repository Project Manager
325 James Joyce Library
University College Dublin
Belfield, Dublin 4

353 (0)1 716 7398
http://irserver.ucd.ie/dspace/

-----Original Message-----
From: Metadata Object Description Schema List [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On
Behalf Of Subirats, Imma (KCEW)
Sent: 01 July 2009 16:17
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [MODS] Conference in MODS

Dear all,

I guess I should introduce myself. I am currently involved in the Open
Archive @ FAO, it has as main objective the integration of the FAO's
electronic publishing, digital information repository, and the bibliographic
cataloguing requirements. I am trying to implement MODS in the FAO Fedora
content as the core/default metadata in FOXML.

I am now mapping our legacy data (ISO-2709) to MODS. It is going pretty
well,
but I have gotten stuck on trying to map the MODS XSD to a conference paper
model. We would like to keep its own element or attribute and not in with
the
conference name. Is there anyone who can give me any advice about where to
put 'conference location' and 'conference number'? For 'conference date' I
have already looked at the possibility of using originInfo/date

Thanks a lot in advance!

Imma Subirats

Knowledge and Information Management Officer
KCEW, FAO of the United Nations
Viale delle Terme di Caracalla
00153 Rome (Italy)
Tel: +39 0657054301