MODS July 2009

Re: temper date format in MODS

Jon Stroop <[log in to unmask]>

Fri, 24 Jul 2009 10:30:32 -0400

Jenn,
I'm not very familiar with TEMPER, but as far as I know it is the only
format under consideration that can handle non-Gregorian dates (EDTF
does not, correct?).  This has been a problem for us for a while, and
though TEMPER (or any other format) doesn't automatically solve problems
of interoperability with other calendars that may arise, having a way to
encode the data would certainly be a start.
-Jon

Jon Stroop
Metadata Analyst
C-17-D2 Firestone Library